Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Occupational therapy experience..

I finally managed to have some Occupational Therapy experience today, which I thoroughly enjoyed!!

They are exceedingly busy individuals, so it was a real honour to be invited in for today and tomorrow!

The Occupational Therapists were warm and welcoming, and I even had the chance to visit some of the patients in the wards of the William Harvey Hospital! Unfortuntately, the nurses are tremendously busy, because there are not enough of them!!

It was a good experience to gain an understanding of what Occupational Therapists do, even though I was observing the majority of the time.

I am hoping to do an Occupational Therapy degree next year, which will be a three year course!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey, well done, you corrected the picture....and your day at the hospital sounds good. I hope you used that germ busting gel and did NOT use the toilets there and instead wandered out to find a bush.....I am sure that is what your Father would do!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Ha! what a comment from your aunt!
Hi Becky!
I am keeping up on your blog even though I don't comment much. OT training sounds great! I work for an agency that was originally for Occupational Therapists only. It was called COTA. The "OT" part of it obviously stood for Occupational Therapists. Now they are a huge agency and hire just about every kind of health discipline you could name. I am a Mental Health Case Manager and have many friends in the agency who are OT's. Go for it, girl!