Thursday, May 10, 2007

Social policy!

One of my assignments this term has been social welfare in Britian!! When I first was given the assignment, I thought it would be dreadful, particularly learning about the structure of the NHS, and how it has changed over the years!

I now find it quite interesting to learn about these things, and how the NHS is not treating individual's livng in this country with dignity and respect! My dad for example, needs a knee replacement drastically, as he can barely walk! He has need it for a long while, but the NHS has such a long waiting list, that he has to wait for months!! If he payed thousands of pounds privately, he could have a knee replacement tomorrow! Social Politics is extremely good to know about!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Becky,
Esther & Louise here!
How are you?
How is college?
Social Policy sounds interesting lol
Love Louise & Esther

Rebecca said...

No kidding Becky....the treatment of older people - well people in general - by the NHS is crap. Much of the time. Thank God Labour is going...but we shall see if their replacements will make a difference. I hope so...

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hey Becky!
Nice picture of Lake Peyto! Somehow I expected to see Lake "Louise" on your blog! :)

Becky said...

I didn't know which lake it was when I put it on, but I should put on a picture of lake Louise, especially for Louise!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky, it's Vivi here!
I read your recent blogs today, your Social Politics course looks very useful! I watched the Pirates of the Caribbean 3 trailer you put on, it looks very exciting. I can't wait for it to come out! Hope you are well.
P.S. I went to that university in Canterbury as well, but I went on Tuesday 24th. You're right, it was tiring!