Friday, June 08, 2007

Winslow day hospital!!


Today, I woke early, with the sound of rain crashing down on my window! Suddenly, that awful feeling came to my stomach, as I remembered I had to start a new work placement today for my course!

I am situated at a day hospital/centre for the elderly at William Harvey Hospital in Ashford, which caters for elderly individual's, particularly with mental illnesses, such as: depression, and anxiety!!

I was extremely worried this morning, but once I arrived, I was welcomed by all the members of staff! Unlike other placements I have been on, the health professionals knew that they were having a student to join them!!

It was excellent, and I even managed to do some physiotherapy work with the elderly individual's, which was relaxing! It didn't feel as though I had done much work, because I mainly communicated with the elderly, whilst playing games with them!!


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It sounds like a fantastic job placement...and interstingly you get to play 'games' there. You like that!!!