Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The great big hill!

Yesterday was such a brilliant day, but sad at the end!! I was invited up to Folkestone by my cousins Erin and Tim, which was a nice surprise!

I arrived at Folkestone Central train station at 11.00, where I bumped into my old best friend Stephanie, who I haden't seen for over 5 years! It felt so weird to see her again, and I was so pleased to see Tim wave to me from the car!! I jumped in the car as quickly as possible!
Once we arrived at the house, Tim and I played What together, and I won, but so did he!!!!
When my other cousins Kirsty and Lewis arrived, along with my Aunite Priscilla, we went to Sainsbury's to get some shopping for the big Christmas meal! Tim brought lots of sweets, including Dolly Mixtures, which you can't buy in Canada!

At lunchtime, we ate in the Sainsbury's cafe, and Erin had a huge fried breakfast, with fries! Tim and I were discussing Canada, because I am flying over there in July, or August for the first time!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!

After shopping, Tim found a £1 coin on the car park floor, and gave it to my Auntie Priscilla!! We then picked up Kirsty from home, and went into town, which was fun!! Tim brought lots of horrible history, and science books to take home with him!! We then popped into he MAF office, where my Grandad was! I have never been in there before, and Tim kept shutting the doors onto me!!

Next, we went back home to change into our dirty clothes to climb the hill!! I was a bit worried at first, as I thought I would probably collapse! I fell over a few times, but the best bit of all was getting a piggy back ride from Tim! I thought I would be too heavy for him, but thankfully I wasn't! I did manage to scarpe mud down his PANTS though!! It was the best time walking, I think I have ever had!

When we came home, we took off our shoes, which were covered in mud! I was told by Auntie Rebecca that I was not allowed in the kitchen, but I did try to sneak in anyway!
We all played Cluedo afterward, and Tim won! It is an excellent game!! Then we played Scrabble, which I am useless at, and Erin joined in this game, and usually she wins! Tim and I joined together to play, and we won!!! We managed to use all of our letters to create the word falcon, which got us 84 points!

After the game playing, my brothers, and Terri arrived for Christmas dinner, which was delicious! There was bread sauce, my favourite, and this really yummy marshmellow and pineapple thing, which I loved!! We all popped our crackers, and ate! After eating, we had some presents, which were super! My grandad opened his presents, and he got a portable dvd player, from all the family, and a realy cool bag from Erin and Tim!!
I got a pure gold necklace, which I really love! I will wear it all the time!

At the end of the day, I was a bit sad, as it was time to say goodbye!! I gave Eithne a goodbye kiss and smile, which I hope she liked! I even gave Tim a hug! I feel a bit empty at the moment, but at least I have some incredible memories! Thank you Auntie Rebecca for cooking an excellent meal, and thank you Erin, Tim, and Eithne for making this last week the best!! I can't wait until the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky it's Vivi!! Good morro cos! You finally have a comment to read! It sounds like you has a fun day at Folkestone. I'm sure you'll save enough money to go to Canada -you're so lucky!! Thanks for a fun day yesterday I had a great time! Especially watching you when we were listening to music :)! See you soon - Merry Christmas! P.S. the biscuits taste great!

Anonymous said...

Hi, my dedicatory granddaughter!
Your ancient grandad actually commenting on your looong blog!
I make it a general practice NOT to comment on blogs -- or I would be spending too much time on the computer. Sooo... consider yourself greatly priveleged that I am making such an exception on this occasion.
So you had the best walk on the hill -- but you were CARRIED !! This is ridiculous, young lady. However, I hope,too, that you get some more opportunities for iceskating (without holding onto the sides--though that's what I would want to do!). Keep being Christmasley good.
Love, Grandad.

Anonymous said...

Hello Becky
(even though i am sitting next to you)
how are you?
i very much enjoyed reading your longest blogg yet!
how is your christmas holidays going?
Have a good christmas
Love from
Louise