Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone!
Thursday, was my Auntie Rebecca's birthday, and we went to the Pilot in Dungeness, I had sausages!! My auntie invited some friends from her church, and they were very friendly!

Today, I managed to get extremely wet, as it was raining when my mum and I were in town! I looked like a drowned rat!
I was cheesed off with HMV today, because Keeping up appearances series 5 came out on dvd on boxing day, and I have been waiting for it for over 2 years! On the website it said it was only £16.99, but when I went in there today, it was £24.99! I asked one of the staff why it was that price, and she said it was because it was the only one in the shop!

Please, somebody write a comment, especially you Louise, as I know you go on here! I would be very happy if you did!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

So did you give in and buy the boxed set of Keeping Up Appearances at that very over inflated price? It seems to me that I remember that they did that one other time when you and I were in there...I think it is time to buy DVD's only at Virgin because so far they have managed (at least for us) to follow their advertising rules. You should get your Father, the advocate, to complain and write a very nasty letter to Headquarters of HMV about the false advertising of the Ashford Store. That is what I would do, for it is not right...what kind of nonsense is that for an excuse ..."because it is the only set lleft in the shop"...so that gives them the right to not follow their advertising policy?? You should also right a letter to the Mall headquarters and tell them about it and also to the local newspaper, and let everyone know that they are liars!!!!
So says Auntie Rebecca!!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hear, Hear!
I'm with your Auntie Rebecca on this one and I wasn't even there! That kind of thing deserves public awareness!

Have a very Happy New Year, Becky!