Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Margate.

Hello Everyone!
Yesterday, I went to Margate, as it was my best friend's birthday!!
When we arrived at Margate, we went on a donkey ride on the beach! We were hardly on there for a minute!!!!
The donkey lady made us all get onto the donkey's by standing on her knee! When we were on the donkey's, she started pulling on the ropes!! The donkey's went much faster than I thought they would!! I was getting worried that I might fall off! My friend told me that they were quite safe, and that she had never fallen off before!!
All of a sudden, my friend's donkey bucked it's legs and she went flying into the sand!!! My donkey got frightened and started running towards the sea!! It was really funny! The lady gave my friend's mum her money back!!
apparently, the donkey's have never bucked their legs before!!!

Later on, we went into a fish and chip shop!! I had chips and a battered sausage! It was delicious, but extremely hot!!!!
After dinner, we went into the amusments aracde! My friend desperately wanted a winnie the pooh toy from those grabbing machines! We tried ever so hard to get her one, but the machine kept dropping the toy!! I think they're a rip off!!
After we had tried getting her a winnie the pooh, we went on the dance machine!! I was useless!!!!! My friend was brilliant!!

At the end of the day, we all had a whippy ice cream with a flake!!!
I had an awesome day, and I think my friend did too!! I don't think she'll be going on any more donkey's in the near future!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow, Becky...I can just picture it as you describe it...
You must have laughed a lot.
It sounds like a really fun time

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Ha! My Goodness, Becky, I enjoyed reading this post! First I was laughing over the bucking donkey (although I'm sure it was no laughing matter at the time!) and then I was chuckling over the battered sausage! All I could see in my mind was a squished up, smushed up sausage, but then I realized it was a sausage that had batter on it! Sounds like you had a real fun time