Sunday, November 26, 2006

Tres bien!

Yesterday, my dad, my brother, one of my aunts, and I went to France on a day trip! We went quite early on the channel tunnel, it was very quick!

Once we arrived in France, we drove straight to the Au Chan, which is a HUGE supermarket, I have never seen such a big supermaket! Firstly, we stopped off at a little cafe, and I ordered in French, well only my drink!!
My auntie and I took a trolley from outside with her special au chan trolley coin, and started shopping! My favourite section was definitely the cheese, I have never seen so many cheeses in my life! We even got to taste a few of them! I also brought some sausages, big surprise there!!!! YUM!!! My auntie brought many items, including a snowman stocking for my baby second cousin, Eithnie!

Next, we went to Cite Europe in Calais! They were setting up a big snow slide there, where people could slide down!
We stopped off at a french restaurant, and I ate an American burger, with french fries, after much deciding!! It was the nicest burger I have ever tasted, far nicer than English burgers!!
My brother Daniel brought a snow hat, with ears!

At the end of the day, we went on the channel tunnel back home, but it took a while, as a car broke down! My dad was not happy!!

Once home, I had one of my aunite's buns that she brought from the Au Chan, they were delicious! For tea, I had some french bread and cheese, which was scrummy!!!

Sorry for being a groaner!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Becky
I have read your blog.I'm glad that you enjoyed France even though it was a long day.
I am missing you very much & long to see your lovely smile.
Not long now til I will be back with you, I'm counting the days .
Lots of love from Mum xxxxxxxx

Becky said...

Thank you for the comment! Today, we went to Maureen's and Bob's for dinner and had roast beef!! Plus hippo's and apple pie! Looking forward to Friday!!

Rebecca said...

Well Little Rebecca, sounds like you had a good time in France...that is nice and I am glad that your Auntie was able to go with you. It wasn't such a long day I am sure and it is good for you to prance around in different territory than your own!!! Glad you had a good time
Love Auntie Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky. How are you? Hows collge? Im in citezenship at the mo, its extremely boring doing some silly mock election thingy. I dont know what to say really. Glad you had a good day in France, il be going there soon with my dad for the day to get some wine, lol. See you soon. Love Louise xXx

Becky said...

Hello Louise!
College is going well! I hope everything is going well for you! I will hopefully see you soon!