Sunday, April 22, 2007

Evangelism day!!

Today, I had youth church, which is particularly for young people in the church, and runs every other Sunday!!

Some helpers always prepare a beautiful breakfast for us all to eat, and today there was watermelon! Unfortunately, there were not many people there to eat it today, as I think indivdual's are studying for their exams coming up!!

We sang worship songs, and we were all given a musical instrument to play! Later on in the meeting, we all were split into four groups, where we were given a challenge to go to different places around Folkestone, Kent! Our group was sent to the library!!

After we had arrived at the destination, we had to open the piece of paper we had been given, which said that we had to try to ask individual's walking past a few questions! These included:-
What is your name?, Where do you live?, and Do you believe in Jesus Christ? If they answered yes to the last question, they recieved a chocolate bar!!

We asked many people, lots of whom said they didn't wan't to answer any questions! When we asked one lady, as soon as we mentioned Jesus, she told us to go away!! I think we touched a raw nerve in her heart!

I had a brilliant time anyway, and it was even better to know I had a wonderful dinner to come home to, roast pork, and popovers! My Auntie Rebecca, and Grandad came for dinner, where my Auntie Rebecca rested her ankle on my leg, and tried to make me smell her feet!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Mmmmmmm, my feet smell sooooooooh good!