Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A sermon!!


Sunday, was a very nervous day, as my girls group leaders asked if I would share my experience from soul sista in front of the whole youth church! I have never talked before, at least not without crying, but I did it! YES!!!!! I looked at the wall behind, and when I looked at the people's faces, they were smiling at me! Several people told me I had done well, which was extremely encouraging!


I have my new workplacement on Friday, at a residential home in Ashford, which looks very nice, but I am worried (like usual) that they will forget I am meant to be going!!



4 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Every opportunity that comes your way to do something public like this will help you to do it with more and more ease! It can be very nerve-wracking! Glad to hear you had positive feedback!

Hey-- "like usual" you are worried -- or -- "like usual" that they will forget you are meant to be going?

Becky said...

Like usual, I am worried!

Rebecca said...

Hi Becky.
Congratulations on making it through your talk. I know you had a really good time and I am glad you found the courage to share. When I used to be nervous I would pretend that everyone in front of me was naked...and I realized how funny that would look with all the different body sizes sitting there together....Oddly it gave me a strange kind of courage...Of course I am NOT suggesting that you follow in the strange ways of your Auntie, but if you do, do not tell your Mum and Dad that you got the idea from me. Although I expect they would figure it out easily enough!

Anonymous said...

lol